Over this weekend the TSI World Bees faced 2 very tricky games, one against the Leeds Knights away where they suffered a 4-1 loss and then at home against the Hull Seahawks but won 4-3 giving Hull their first loss in regulation this season.

Leeds Knights 4-1 Bees IHC

An opening face-off win for the Bees saw them able to arrange themselves to attack straight off the face off and get into the Leeds offensive zone. But 1:03 Mac Howlett managed to get past the Bees defence to give the home team an early lead with Matt Haywood getting the assist on the goal. Words between Liam Morris and Gregor Mills sees Bees on the power play. This saw the teams to the end of the first period and left the score at 1-0 in favour of the Leeds Knight. 

Going into the second period a penalty was called on Bees against Marcel Balaz for 2 minutes due to a High Stick call but the Bees were strong on the penalty kill and were able to stop any chances coming from Leeds. A chance brewing from Bailey Pere saw the Knights take a 2-0 lead against the Bees at 25:08. More chances went in favour of both teams and a great defensive play came from Stuart Mogg to stop a great chance from the Knights to try and further extend their lead to 3. Kieran Brown was pushing constantly throughout the night to get himself onto the scoreboard and that he did at 38:52 to make the game 3-0. Shortly after Vanya Antonov ended the Bees’ silence and got onto the scoreboard at 39:13. 

The third period was extremely defensive on both teams as only 1 goal was conceded during this period and that was for the Knights timed at 48:35 with a goal from Matt Haywood. 

Bees IHC 4-3 Hull Seahawks 

An opening face-off win for the Bees who were eager from the start to prove a point after their last game against the Seahawks when they lost 7-0. In the opening 10 minutes of the game it was very back and forth between the Bees and Seahawks in terms of possession of the puck and chances on goal but the Bees found themselves having to kill a 2 minute penalty for Hooking against Marcel Balaz. The defence from the Bees worked well together to stop any chances going further to test Preece in goal for the Bees. Not long after he returned to the ice after serving his penalty, Marcel Balaz got the first Bees goal on the board for the night timed at 13:17, with assists awarded to Dominik Gabaj and Vanya Antonov. This left the first period finishing 1-0 in favour of the Bees.

An incident towards the end of the first period saw Declan Balmer receive a 5 minute major Penalty for Boarding. This saw the Seahawks starting the second period having to kill a big penalty and Bees took full advantage of the man as Captain Stuart Mogg extended the Bees lead to 2 goals only 45 seconds into the second period with assists awarded to Dan Rose and also Brython Preece. With only 26 seconds left on the 5 minute major, Dominik Gabaj made it 3-0 with assists awarded to Vanya Antonov and Marcel Balaz. Finlay Ulrick got the Seahawks onto the scoreboard for the first time with a power play goal timed at 32:16 with assists awarded to Emil Svec and Tom Barry. 

Going into the third period, Hull were desperate to close the gap on the scoreboard and at 45:52 Bobby Young got the 2nd goal of the night for the Seahawks to make it a 1 goal game, with an assist given to Declan Balmer. The Bees found themselves on a penalty kill as a 2 minute Tripping penalty was called against Vanya Antonov but this did not stop the Bees pushing for a fourth goal and at 47:28 Dominik Gabaj found it to the back of the Seahawks’ goal to make it  2 goal game once again. This did not stop Hull from taking advantage of power plays as yet again Finlay Ulrick found his way to the back of the Bees goal at 56:40 with Brock Bartholomew and Emil Svec getting the assists but the Bees skated away with the 2 points from the game.